Website Keymark Corporation
- The use of clean industrial gloves is required whenever transferring and/or sorting material. Care should be taken to handle the material in such a way to prevent the introduction of scratches and dents.
- Transfer and sort material as directed by the Material Handling Supervisor. Bin ear protectors (for bins) and plastic wrap (for carts) should be utilized to the maximum extent practicable.
- Ensure that during all transfers, for every item transferred, the correct ticket stays with the order. It is important not to lose any tickets during this process and that all tickets are attached securely.
- As material is transferred, visually check for obvious quality issues. Be mindful of dings, dents, scratches, gouges, etc… This will help to reduce the likelihood of rework operations/wasted resources.
- All anodize orders must be covered in blue Vapor Corrosive Inhibitor (VCI) plastic. This special material greatly reduces a post-anodizing source of scrap known as selective etch.
- All paint orders must be covered in clear plastic (blue VCI plastic is not necessary for paint orders and is cost prohibitive). Covering paint orders with clear plastic saves time and labor downstream.
- When not transferring, sorting, or covering material, use the time to keep your work area clean and organized (i.e. sweep the floors, roll up unused plastic, stack spacers, pick up debris, etc…).
- Scratches, gouges, and dents represent the largest single source of downstream scrap at our facility every year. Ensure gloves are kept clean and free of debris, and replace whenever deemed necessary.
- Utilize proper lifting techniques to prevent muscle strain and injury. Transferring material without a lifting partner will increase the chance of injury and may bow or scratch the material.
- Tickets are required on each order to enable the tracking of material throughout the plant. This is important to ensure that all future processing for each order is completed correctly as specified.
- If a quality defect is detected or suspected, notify Supervisor and/or Quality Control personnel immediately. This will prevent wasting valuable resources and possible delay of order fulfillment.
- Selective etch has been found to occur most frequently during the periods of October through December and March through May. VCI plastic has been proven effective at reducing this costly defect.
- Clear plastic helps to prevent the accumulation of dirt and particles on the surface of the metal waiting to be processed through paint. If covered, material is less likely to have to be wiped down.
- Good housekeeping is critical in providing a safe environment. The Material Handling Department is also centrally located and viewed by all customers during plant tours – make a good first impression!
To apply for this job please visit www.keymarkcorp.com.